If notification irritates you, which appears on the top-right corner on your Mac screen, you can always turn them down. There are many ways that to turn down the notifications. You can turn notifications off for some specific app or you can turn off all notifications. Here are ways how you can turn off notifications in OS X Yosemite.
How to Turn off Notifications of App
- Choose Apple Menu and then go to system preferences and then notifications.
- Pick the app from the left; select none below in “[App] alert style” over the right.
The notification for the app will not appear on the screen. If you do not wish to see any notification of a particular app then you can drag that app down to ‘Notification Center’.
How to Set ‘Do Not Disturb for Specific Time’
- Click on the Apple menu, choose System Preferences, and then click over the Notifications.
- Choose ‘Do Not Disturb’ which is available at the top of the list.
- On the right side, there is an option to turn off all notifications.