Your device is your biggest asset as you store a lot of thing into it. From personal to professional details - a device such an iPad or iPhone contains everything. Therefore, if you wish to protect your data present in your device before clearing history then here are some steps that will guide you how to put device in lost mode using iCloud.
1. In order to do this, you can use any browser like safari, chrome, Mozilla or anything. Open the browser and go to the www.icloud.com
2. You may have your Apple ID, sign-in with the same apple ID that is configured in the lost device.
3. Now choose the option called ‘find my iPhone’.
4. Now tap on all devices.
5. Select the device that you wish to erase.
6. After selecting, you will get three options. You ‘select erase’, if you wish to erase all data from the device.
7. Now if you wish, you can lock that device.